I grew up in a Hungarian/Ukrainian family. Cabbage and noodles were part of our life.
Cabbage and noodles is perfect for dinner and so easy to make! All you need are four ingredients and viola! Smells so good and tastes even better.
Whenever I make this I eat it for days, cabbage and noodles is a satisfying meal perfect for the cooler weather that’s coming.
- 1 Head Cabbage
- 1 stick of butter
- 16 oz bag of egg noodles or bow tie noodles
- salt to taste
- Cut cabbage into one inch pieces
- Melt 1/4 cup of butter
- Start adding cabbage to large fry pan
- As cabbage cooks down keep adding remaining cabbage
- Do not rush this part the cabbage takes a while to cook down
- Cook over medium/low heat for an 45 minutes
- Cabbage will start turning light brown
- Be careful not to burn the cabbage
- Add butter as needed. 2 tablespoons at a time
- Salt to taste
- While the cabbage is cooking boil the noodles as directed on package
- Drain the noodles
- When cabbage is done add noodles