Quick and Easy Cabbage and Noodles Recipe - Jackieskitchn
I grew up in a Hungarian/Ukrainian family. Cabbage and noodles are part of life.
This cabbage and noodles recipe is perfect for dinner and so easy to make! Four ingredients and viola!
Smells heavenly and tastes even better.
- 1 Head Cabbage
- 1 stick of butter
- 16 oz bag of egg noodles or bow tie noodles
- salt to taste
- Cut cabbage into one inch pieces
- Melt 1/4 cup of butter
- Start adding cabbage to large fry pan
- As cabbage cooks down keep adding remaining cabbage
- Do not rush this part the cabbage takes a while to cook down
- Cook over medium/low heat for an 45 minutes
- Cabbage will start turning light brown
- Be careful not to burn the cabbage
- Add butter as needed. 2 tablespoons at a time
- Salt to taste
- While the cabbage is cooking boil the noodles as directed on package
- Drain the noodles
- When cabbage is done add noodles