Calling all chocolate lovers! This is THE most tempting of all chocolate desserts! Warm chocolate melting cake is a warm moist cake on the outside with melted chocolate on the inside.
A few years ago I was fortunate enough to be on the Carnival Splendor cruise ship. This is where I had my first taste of this unforgettable chocolate cake. I remember ordering this for dessert not expecting anything more than a chocolate cake. Being a die hard chocolate lover, I knew it was going to be impossible to forget about this dessert.
I hesitantly approached making this chocolate cake, not really expecting to be able to make it right the first time. How was I supposed to get the outside firm and the inside gooey?? The recipe calls for five ingredients and 14 minutes of time, sounded too good to be true. I was thrilled when it came out of the oven looking just like I remembered! Warm chocolate melting cake with it’s ooey gooey inside is actually very easy to make! I am so happy I didn’t lose this recipe. Now you too can have this highly addictive cake anytime right at home. Thanks Carnival cruise lines sharing your recipe!
**Before you begin, grease ramekins with butter
**I used 8 oz size ramekins
**Eggs need to be at room temperature
Makes 3 8 oz servings
- 6 oz dark chocolate
- 6 oz butter
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Melt the chocolate on the stove using a double boiler
- Melt the butter for 20 seconds in the microwave
- In a medium size bowl, mix the eggs and sugar with a whisk for a few minutes
- Add the flour to the egg sugar mixture
- Add the egg mixture to the melted chocolate and butter
- Mix everything together until combined
- Pour the mixture into greased ramekins
- Bake directly in the oven at 390 degrees for 14 minutes
- Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar